Brand Journalist (SaaS)
You know how no one picks up the phone these days?
Or when you call someone and the voicemail says, “Don’t leave me a voicemail. Just text me.”
See, that’s the problem businesses face everyday when trying to reach their leads, customers, and clients.
They’re stuck doing things the old way (calling, voice-mailing, emailing) and getting old school results.
The new way to instantly engage with your customers is with text messaging.
That's where we come in...
Salesmsg is a two-way text messaging platform that helps businesses send and receive SMS text and MMS picture messages online or on the go.
We're on on a mission to help tens of thousands of businesses use SMS text messaging to connect, engage, and grow their businesses. Voted as one of Florida's Fastest Growing Companies, Salesmsg is poised to disrupt the messaging industry.
// THE POSITION // ---------------------
We have some big lofty goals and we'll need your help to craft our story and tell it to the world.
Salesmsg is searching for a Brand Strategist to help tell our story, strengthen our brand's credibility, and bring our content marketing to a whole new level.
// THE ROLE // ---------------------
- Work closely with our CEO, CTO, and marketing team to develop department goals and strategies
- Interview members of our Thought Leadership Team on a regular basis to gather ideas and content
- Convert content from interviews into blogs, newsletters, and ebooks
- Ability to successfully use a combination of created, curated, and syndicated content to improve demand generation
- Clearly define and understand the needs (and wants) of our audience
- Willingness to work on and with a team
- Ability to reach targets and meet deadlines under pressure
- Seeking out the "good stuff" about the brand and sharing with our target audience
- Fact-checking beyond the source material
- Sub-editing content specifically to boost click-throughs and conversions
- Previous journalistic experience is preferred, but not a deal-breaker
- A college education is useful but not required if you bring adequate experience to the table
// OUR CORE VALUES // ---------------------
1. We Figure It Out.
We're a startup. Stuff will break and things will not work as you want them to. You will hit barriers and blocks keeping you from getting done what you said you'd do. You are the type of person that "come hell or high water" will figure it out. This is fun for you.
2. Seek Continuous Improvement.
We pursue GREATNESS. There’s a wealth of knowledge in books, articles, videos, courses, training events, and everywhere you look. Just Google it. If you can’t “figure it out” yourself, trust me, someone else already has for you. We're resourceful and go deep to learn the best strategies.
3. Keep it Real & Conversational.
Seeing things for “how they truly are” gives us power. In fact, we have be real in order to survive and thrive. We have to speak truthfully and honestly because if we don't things go unsaid, animosity stirs, and resentment takes over. It's debilitating for high performance teams to win. Speak truthfully and keep it real. Call it like it is. Provide solutions, not problems.
4. People First Mindset.
As we seek to constantly improve we realize that the best answers to many of the opportunities to grow, products to create, and partnerships to solidify come from our customers. Helping the customer achieve success is our ultimate goal and through that we find new ways to make our product and team better.
5. Be Flexible.
The road is never straight and there will be twists and turns and bumps and stops. We all need to row in the same direction to work together and get things done. Don't make it harder than it has to be. If it takes a few minutes, hook a brother up. Don't battle. We win together, not apart.Okay, with that out of the way, let’s get into what this role will look like for you…
// HOW WE WORK // ---------------------
This is how we do it...
- We're a Remote First company with a global team of developers, designers, success, sales, and marketing members from around the world.
- Our team is spread across the USA, Europe, and Asia (Florida, Colorado, Wisconsin, Texas, Utah, California, Bosnia Herzegovina, and Belarus)
- Work hard and play hard. Life and work doesn't have to be so hard. The environment we created is fun, relaxed, yet backed up by results.
// EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
- Remote work: Work from anywhere
- Team trips: We book at least one all-expenses-paid team trip per year.
- Unlimited paid-time off. Need time off, just let us know.
- Wellness perks: Classpass access to 41,500+ studios worldwide (yoga, cycling, Pilates, Barre, running, strength training, dance, sports, videos and more.)
- Books and Courses: A monthly budget of $100 to spend on books. Plus access to over 10 courses already across marketing, content creation, SEO, and more.
- Focused time blocks: We discourage meetings before noon so employees can have undistracted time to work.
- Two week Sprints: Two weeks of "sprinting" on focused work.
- Bonus structure: Potential bonuses based on performance.
- $250 Charity Donation: We will donate to any charity of their choice.
- Bi-Weekly Paychecks: Get paid on-time every other Friday.
- Swag: T-Shirts, stickers, and Salesmsg gear to kit you out!
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance: Personal health, dental, and vision 50% covered after 30 days.
- Teledoc Virtual Health: Speak directly with a doctor anytime from anywhere.
- TalkSpace Online Mental Health Therapy: We've got you covered for when you need help.
- Incredible Growth and Promotion Opportunities: Ground floor opportunity to make your mark.
So there you have it.
Are you a match? Do you want a REAL challenge?
Then, I think you know what to do next.
- Chris, CEO
P.S. We don't have all of the answers.
We're doing the best we can day after day with pure passion to create something meaningful.
If you're okay with bruises, cuts by a thousand knives, and more good days mixed with bad days as we grow and scale "as a team" - then, this might be right for you.